Who was Robert Resto? Bio, Wiki, Age, Boy Died In Fire

Robert Resto Bio/Wiki

After emergency services were scrutinized over a vaccine mandate protest, a boy died and his grandma was critically injured in a fire on Saturday.

When New York City firefighters came to a 1.30 a.m. call, Robert Resto, 7, was stuck inside his grandparent’s Manhattan apartment.


He was 7 years old.

Robert Resto Died In Fire Full Details

Authorities say the devastating fire started at approximately 1:30 a.m. Saturday in the basement and the first level of 660 West 178th Street in Washington Heights.

Robert Resto, the youngster, was pronounced dead at the scene, while his grandma, 54, was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in critical condition. According to a resident, the youngster is the grandson of the building’s super.

The stench of smoke lingered around the building on Saturday afternoon, and a worker in a Tyvek suit was cleaning out the alley outside the flat where the terrible blaze occurred.

One local citizen was baffled by the terrible fire, stated the woman, who did not want to be identified, adding, “It’s scary. … It was overwhelming to see so much smoke coming out and to hear that it wasn’t just a simple fire, but that it’s a tragedy, there was a life lost,”

“He was such a sweet boy. Always reading, holding the door, smiling. A joyful seven-year-old.”

The super, who declined to comment, returned to the flat with a young woman early Saturday, and both appeared to be crying.

They, like other relatives who came and left from the residence, declined to remark.

Also Read:  Who was Derrion 'Dmuney' Childs? Bio, Wiki, Age, Cause Of Death


The cause of the fire is being investigated by FDNY Fire Marshals. According to an NYPD official, the inquiry is still ongoing.

According to FDNY officials, the incident occurred in a rear basement apartment, and three additional people received minor injuries in addition to the boy and grandma.

The four injured survivors were transferred to Presbyterian-Columbia Hospital in New York.

According to the FDNY, one fireman had minor injuries, and the blaze was declared under control at 3:11 a.m.

According to the FDNY, firefighters responded in four minutes and nine seconds, with 14 units and more than 70 workers.

When asked if the response time had been hampered by firefighters protesting the city’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement by taking paid sick leave on Friday, an FDNY official stated, “Not at all.”

Commissioner Daniel Nigro stated Friday that the FDNY may “endanger the lives” of New Yorkers by calling out sick to protest the department’s vaccine mandate.

Leave a Comment