Who is Nemanja Spasojevic? Bio, Wiki, Age, Shark Attack Victim Survivor

Nemanja Spasojevic Bio/Wiki

A man named Nemanja Spasojevic who was nearly killed by a shark off the coast of California described himself as “the luckiest guy in the world.”

On Saturday morning, Nemanja Spasojevic was crab fishing near San Francisco when he observed something pecking at his leg.


He is 38 years old.

How Nemanja Spasojevic Survived From Shark Attack?

While the pain was initially minor, Spasojevic said he quickly recognized he had a major cut after swimming back to shore and saw blood streaming from gashes in his leg caused by the shark’s serrated teeth.

Spasojevic was snorkeling off the coast of Gray Whale Cove State Beach, roughly 18 miles south of San Francisco on the San Mateo County Coast, when he came across the 6- to 8-foot big shark.

This is an unusual snorkeling area, according to Spasojevic, because visibility is normally poor, but the surf was tiny and the circumstances were ideal on Saturday.

He wrote, “A couple times a year conditions get good enough (3-9 feet visibility) that it’s a fun, quick dive that yields a couple crabs,”

“Actual conditions were around 2-foot swell with visibility that ranged from 4-6 feet roughly.”

Spasojevic stated he went into the water at 8:35 a.m. on the north end of the beach and spent over a half-hour free-diving hunting crabs, catching a few, and placing them in his yellow dive bag.

He swam straight out from the shore, following a rocky outcropping with steep cliffs that protrude from the beach’s north end. He came upon an area with around five crabs below him and dove down to catch one just as he was going to turn around and swim back to the beach.

Also Read:  Who is Isiah Crawford? Bio, Wiki, Age, Body Found In River

He sized it up and decided that since it was at the legal limit, he’d better leave it behind and look for something bigger. He stated he felt pain in his leg and then saw the shark’s face as he returned the crab and began to surface for air.

While he couldn’t see the white underside, he could see its black eyes and nose. Based on footage from his GoPro (the attack wasn’t filmed), he was able to ascertain that the shark bit him at 9 a.m.

Spasojevic wrote, “At that point I just started kicking with my back turned towards rocks frantically,”

“Hoping if it strikes again it will hit the fins. I reached white water area where water was bashing on the rocks.”

He claimed that swimming back to shore was not a problem because the surf was mild and he felt no discomfort or was unaware of the intensity.

He wrote, “I did think it’s minor, but I could feel that the wet suit was ripped and cold water was coming in,”

“… At this point I was out and walking on the sand, the leg of the wet suit was bulged/filled with blood. … I was aware that it may not be just a small bite, and I might need to drive to the emergency.”

Why He Called The Luckiest Gay in The World!

Spasojevic claims he spends a lot of time in the water and is in great shape, which he believes contributed to his survival. He’s a surfer, marathon swimmer, diver, and member of the South End Rowing Club in San Francisco. Spasojevic used his rubber dive belt to wrap around his leg with the bite and construct an improvised tourniquet on the beach. He moved from the north side of the beach to the beach’s exit steps, his wet suit filling up again with blood.

Also Read:  Dawn Wells (Dies of Covid-19 At 82) Biography: Wiki, Age, Husband, Career, Death Cause

When he saw a man on the shore, he called for help, and the fisherman came to his aid, dialing 911, reinforcing the tourniquet with his fishing fanny pack’s belt, and elevating the leg with a tackle box.

he wrote, “When he noticed me I just dropped on the sand to position my body head downwards, as the beach was sloped, to help keep blood in the brain and slow blood loss,”

“Rubber dive belt tourniquet may have helped but did not stop flow.”

Montara firefighter-paramedics arrived and offered extra life-saving medical care. Medical assistance arrived at 9:15 a.m., according to the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office. Due to hazy circumstances on the coast, a helicopter was called to land on the beach and carry Spasojevic to the hospital.

Spasojevic, who weighs 220 pounds, was carried up the stairs and into a transport truck by paramedics and state park staff. He was rushed to Stanford Trauma Center and then to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, where he was stabilized promptly.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *